Ponytails have been getting a bad rep lately. You see a woman with thin edges and it's "oh she must wear her ponytails to tight." Or you just hear, "I want to do my hair differently, something other than a ponytail." So here is my question: What is wrong with ponytails? I think so many women equate ponytails and lack of creativity or lack of time to do a 'real style' BUT ponytails can be cute, sexy, or down right hot!
Look at the ponytail above, it has an air of glamour and a certain prettiness about it. If your hair is long enough it's also simple to create. The perfect thing about this ponytail is that your hair does not need to be super straight to create the look.
Here is how to create the look:
Start with clean, well moisturized hair. Then, separate out your bangs if you have them. If not, you create a side part and have a side swept look in the front. Now on to the ponytail, comb the rest of you hair back and build up body at the crown. I do not tease my hair, but if you choose to do so, do it gently and one long back stroke at a time as opposed to quick back strokes. If you air dry your hair 75% then blow dry the remaining 25% you should be left with plenty of body so that you don't even need to worry about teasing the crown. I would skip the bow around the ponytail and just secure it at the nape with a elastic then take a small section of the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic to hide it and secure the ends with a bobbypin.
Photo Credit: Essence